Friday, March 13, 2009

thanks to readers

I just wanted to throw a thank you out to both Jeff and Senai for not only just finding this site, but also for letting me (and us all) know that they found it. Thanks!

One of the things that I wish we had at our disposal is a forum so that all of us high school, college, and pro battlebots enthusiasts can network and discuss ideas, battlebots, upcoming competitions, etc. We all know from all the competitions that battlebots isn't really as cutthroat as people think it is. What happens in the pits for the most part epitomizes teamwork and sportsmanship, and if we can extend this cooperation and friendship beyond the pits and into our brainstorming sessions, machining sessions, etc., I think it would have an extremely positive effect on the entire battlebots community. So, with that said, to everyone who reads and follows this blog who isn't on the pine view team, THANK YOU and DON'T BE SHY. Make yourselves known, and who knows, maybe together we can incite a social network of battlebots builders accross the country.


Thanks again!

Dan Curhan
President - Pine View Engineering Club
guiswim7391@yahoo.com

_______________________

andddd...

I just felt like rambling on, so I'll continue.

I find it kinda funny that people are forever associated with the bots that they create. For example, when Eddie and I went to see the antweight competition at RobotMarketplace, we saw a kid there who we knew was from Miami - we'd seen him at BotsIQ with the bot Coincedence. The first thing I said to him: "Hey, you're one the Coincidence team, right?" not, "Hey Adam, what's up?" His response was a perfect parallel "Yeah, and you guys are Copperhead, right?" It seems that Eddie and I will forever BE Copperhead. Yes, the bot will be passed down once I graduate, and it will belong to the club, but it will never be truly associated with anyone but Eddie and me by those who saw us win... In other news, the video I did of Copperhead 3's battles in BotsIQ 2008 is on like 20 different sites lol. I googled copperhead botsIQ....

__________________

THERE'S MORE!
I made us a forum. I made everyone a forum. Please! Join! I'll make it pretty in the next couple days - for now, it's kinda stock and boring... but I promise, that will soon change. I want to bring all the battlebots teams everywhere together.

http://battlebots.forumotion.com/index.htm

This is the perfect place for you non-pine view people to actually talk to us... and a better place than here for you pineviewers to discuss your ideas.

Hopefully we can get a nice discussion going with a good amount of members from everywhere. I will talk to Nola, and see what she thinks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey the forum wont let me make a usexname